8/4/14

PrinceZZ

Princesses Unite!

My niece, then seven, decided to start a secret club, and whispered an invitation to me, her evil aunt.

“I’m starting a secret club”
“What?”
“I’m starting a secret club”
“What is it?”
“The princess club.”

So , naturally I had to research the ramifications of this since I believe my niece to be a natural born leader and frankly, I smelled money. I don’t know what the big secret was, except you know, "no boys," but I found there was some competition for the name, and there was probably trademark and copyright infringement, and yes, there was a book (by Catherine Marshall) I sent her said book, and she was royally pissed off. Imagine being seven, and already somebody stole your brilliant idea. Get used to it.

But, I kept up the idea, and started recruiting. For 19.95, you, too, can be a princess. You can pick your realm. I’ll send you a membership card and maybe, a cardboard crown and wand. Have your credit card ready.

Actually, older women were more intriqued.

"I want to be princess of Television."

My mom and my three year old niece duked it out for "Princess of Cookies."

I initially chose "Princess of the Pacific," but later decided on just the realm of "April Fools," of which I am one.

The princess club incorporates all fairies and pirates, and there is an unseen element which is how we gained so much territory in the past few years. And, of course, my niece is the CEO. I’m just the marketing director, and selling shares. I have a book, a movie, merchandising, seeking investment, partners, particularly with Disney who thinks they have cornered the market on princessdom, and then there’s Barbie, who shall always remain the queen. maybe I can start a bidding war between Disney and Mattel.

To hell with the Girl Scouts, this is Princess Inc. we have magic wands, fairies, and a movie script. Well, maybe not an entire movie script, but a treatment, and an evil aunt.

No comments: