12/28/09

The Falling Arc of the Story

I got this advice in the email, so its mine.
I used to have to this problem, but I figured out that if something engaged me to write a story about it, it was best to 'begin with the end in mind..." Not that, I don't change it, but you know...

You Got Close To Page 60 But... In general, there are many reasons why you "Lost it in the Second Act." This class focuses on the major issues that arise. Here are just a few that will be covered:

* Failure to outline your Dramatic Arc (This I cover in detail and show you where your script is going wrong and pinpoint early warning signs.)
* Narrative Reflux (Yes, a catchy phrase but it is a serious issue. I will analyze narrative structure for points of Reflux that can serious hinder 2nd Act construction and 3rd Act resolution.)
* No exit strategy for your Second Act (I will provide you with specific and proven strategies for properly setting up and getting through your second act.)
* Overt awareness of screenplay structure (Seems like a simple thing but there are ways to manage your narrative and also increase tension and conflict without sacrificing tempo and beat.)
* You took your eye off the ball (Doing more re-writing than writing? I'll help you avoid this with some helpful tips.)
* Your desire to complete the story wanes (You lost the passion, why? We'll look at the dynamics of effective story selection and development.)
* And much more!
http://www.4screenwriters.com/ISP_Second_Act.html

No comments: